JOB PURPOSE: Under the oversight of the Vice President of Media Relations, provide media relations and marketing support for accounts.
YOU WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU…
- If you’re a spirited trailblazer who likes to get stuff done because that’s what our team is all about it.
- Have minimum 1-3 6 years of marketing/public relations agency experience
- Have knowledge and experience with all disciplines (media relations, account service, client relations, creative, direct marketing, social media marketing, and influencer marketing)
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with internal staff and external clients
- Read and synthesize all company and/or product information, in order to accurately present to media, internal managers, and the general public
- Pitch writing
- Pitch and secure editorial media placements in TV, radio, print and online media outlets.
- Pitch and draft byline articles for clients
- Coordinate various forms of consumer activations
- Draft marketing copy
- Develop and support the execution of abstract marketing projects
- Clipbook creation for campaigns
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proofread all client and internal copy as necessary
- Support the execution of marketing campaigns for clients
- Coordinate internal vendors
- Support the execution of media tours and PR stunts
- Create client call agendas and action items
- Execute client marketing initiatives like press kit development, creative projects, and writing projects
- Generate campaign reports for clients
- Execute tasks as directed by the VP, Media Relations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of BA in English, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study
- Minimum 1-3 years of media relations, marketing and communications experience at an agency or corporation
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to write for a variety of media and audiences. Strong writing ability is a MUST!
- Must be well organized and have a high attention to detail
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
- Ability to multi-task and ability to meet deadlines
- Event management a plus
- Experience using various news wire services is a plus
- Experience using media databases (Cision, Agility, etc.) is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation, not just reliant upon public transportation
To apply for this position: email your resume, cover letter, and writing samples to email@example.com.